Sustainability is more than a buzzword, and consumers are keeping tabs on what D2C brands are doing to back up their environmental commitments. Consider these eco-friendly initiatives to support your brand stance.
As the climate crisis becomes increasingly urgent, brands are taking note of their own carbon footprint. More than a trend, the shifting attitude toward sustainability in production processes, products, branding, and marketing, is primarily driven by consumers seeking to do business with brands that share their values. And no business community is responding to their needs more effectively than D2C brands.
D2C Consumers and the Ever-Growing Case for Sustainability
The Benefits of Sustainability as a D2C Brand Pillar
5 Ways Your D2C Brand Can Champion Sustainability
Sustainability begins with your culture. Not sure where to start? Try these ideas to incorporate sustainable practices into your day-to-day process and policies, including how you treat your employees.
- Create a corporate social responsibility program supporting sustainability initiatives
- Reduce carbon emissions with work-from-home flexibility
- Opt for train travel over air travel
- Cut down on the need for air travel through virtual meetings and conferences
- Consider sustainability regarding your employees with policies and perks that prevent burnout like wellness stipends, mental health days, and unlimited PTO
Be sure to share these decisions on your company page so that prospective customers and employees can see that your commitment reaches beyond external initiatives to benefit the employees who support your company’s success.
Craft your sustainability commitment today
No matter how you approach your sustainability commitment, making and communicating efforts to conserve resources and reduce your carbon footprint is critical to the growth of your D2C brand. We hope this article inspired you to move forward, and we’d love to keep tabs on how you’re turning your commitment into action. Share your progress with us @theoreminc on Twitter.