For this reason, marketing teams must maintain a keen eye on what trends are
The current market is cluttered with emerging trends and clouded by outdated and exploratory best practices
How Are Industry Trends and Pressures Influencing Email Marketers Today?
For this reason, marketing teams everywhere are looking for new ways to increase engagement rates.
Fighting against the vast sea of emails that hit our inboxes daily. In addition, marketers are also striving to make their emails more easily accessible and understandable to all readers.
Here Are 5 Trends You Must Implement to Optimize Your User Centric Email Strategy
Create foolproof emails that can provide a universal, positive user experience.
Email for Everyone
In reality, optimized accessibility is beneficial for all users
Best Practices for Accessibility
- Use descriptive subject lines
- Create and maintain logical structure
- Use shorter sentences for scanability
- Limit jargon and complex words
- Utilize a strong visual hierarchy
- Use proper alt text for all images
- Include a plain text version of the email copy
- Optimize HTML with real text
- Add hover effects to indicate clickability
- Add role=”presentation” to your tags
Utilize unique elements of brand identify to convey a story from start to finish
Bring Your Brand to Life
They are cost effective, easily adaptable and can be utilized more than once, across various formats channels and marketing objectives.
Best Practices for Illustration
- Ensure that illustrations fit within your current branding
- Develop a reusable library of illustrated elements to create efficient workflows
- Use custom illustrations when you do not have a budget for stock photography
- Integrate illustrations throughout your design to guide the reader’s eyes and provide a visual aid to storytelling
- Allow illustrations to blend in with the body of your content, instead of interrupting the flow of your email
Adapt to the growing presence of subscribers that utilize dark mode on their OS
Welcome to the Dark Side
Best Practices for Dark Mode
Experiment with interactive elements that can adapt to any email provider
Getting Down with Interactivity
Kinetic emails create rich visual experiences for users. Ones that can express the voice of a brand better than ever before.
Best Practices for Interactivity
Capture and utilize data to provide a more user centric, tailored experience
Let's Make It Personal
Best Practices for Personalization
Whew! That was a lot to cover!
But there you have it…
5 email marketing trends that you should be implementing if you want to optimize your user centric email design strategy.
A few of which you have surely heard about and some which might be new to you.
All of which are proving to be essential in cracking the code of the successful email marketing strategy.